Daily Mail Front Cover Evaluation

The task I was given was to make replicate a front cover of the Daily Mail but with a fake news story provided by my teacher. The story was that Meghan Markle had cheated on Prince Harry with somebody that she used to work on NCIS with. The target audience was the demographic of C2, D and E who are the people usually purchasing the Daily Mail. The Daily Mail is also a right-wing newspaper which means that they like and support the Royal family.
The research that i undertook was looking at several different Daily Mail front covers to get an idea of what stories they placed on the front cover and how they arranged the text around the pictures. Also, as i could not get the exact headline font that they use, i researched and found the closest one to it which I then used.
The front cover that was used as my main source (pictured below) was chosen because it had a very good layout of stories and it is how I hoped mine would look.
The area that I found most challenging was having to find a font that looked the same as the one the Daily Mail uses because the exact one is not available for other use. I also struggled to make the layout of mine as similar to my source as possible.
My initial feedback was average, some of it good saying that my front cover had a neat layout whereas some feedback was not as good because my cover was not as accurate as it could have been.
I feel that I matched up the similarities between the two front covers quite well as I made sure that the same type of stories and features were included. Some of things that could have been improved was the quality of the whole layout and the empty space that i left should have been filled in.
Whilst producing this cover I have noticed many things such as the different language used in the newspapers which will definitely help me in the exam, I have also learned that there are many hidden messages behind the pictures and stories involved.